ZeroC, Inc. is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Ice-E version 1.2. This release of Ice-E ("Embedded Ice") reflects our continued commitment to delivering fast, efficient middleware for mobile and embedded devices, such as smart phones, personal digital assistants, and controllers.
Version 1.2 is primarily a maintenance release and includes the following notable changes:
- Added support for custom string and wstring converters in C++.
- Updated the API to retain compatibility with recent changes in Ice.
- Extended our platform support to include Windows Mobile 5, Windows Mobile 6, and Gumstix Linux.
Ice-E is available in two versions:
- Ice-E for C++: Ice-E for C++ features a highly-optimized, compact runtime and the same great C++ language mapping as Ice. This release supports Windows Mobile, Windows XP/Vista, and Linux.
- Ice-E for Java: With support for several Java Micro Edition (ME) configurations, Ice-E for Java can transform millions of Java-enabled devices into intelligent nodes of a distributed Ice application.
Ice-E is available under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL) in addition to traditional proprietary licensing models for commercial customers. For more information on Ice-E, please visit our Web site at http://www.zeroc.com/icee.