ZeroC, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of the Internet Communications Engine (Ice), version 2.1.0.
Changes in Ice since version 2.0.0 include:
- An implementation of IceSSL for Java.
- Support for bi-directional connections without using a router.
- A fast and lightweight new file patching service, IcePatch2.
- Many performance improvements.
- Easy RPM installation for Linux.
- Improved Windows installer.
- New binary distributions for Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, and MacOS X.
- Numerous other improvements and bug fixes.
For a detailed description of Ice, please have a look at http://www.zeroc.com/ice.html. For a comparison of Ice and CORBA, please see http://www.zeroc.com/iceVsCorba.html.
In addition to traditional proprietary licensing models for commercial customers, Ice is also freely available as Open Source under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). You can download the complete Ice source and documentation from http://www.zeroc.com/download.html.